Tourists require a few specialized tools. Most tools are common place in your tool box. A few supplements might be required depending on the work involved.
The following is a list of tools that should get you through most repairs:
- Sockets. Full set of metric sockets 8mm - 21mm.
- Wrenches. Full set of metric open end wrenches 8mm - 21mm. Note, the Heinkel Tourist has many 9mm nuts, so keep that in mind when making your selection.
- Torque wrench. All torque settings listed in the workshop manual are listed in Kgm. Keep that in mind when making your selection.
- Feeler guages. Buy a nice set. You will need to adjust points and valves.
- Pliers. Needle nose and circlip pliers.
- Screw drivers. A complete set of flat and phillips screw drivers in various sizes. Here is a bit of trivia for you ... Heinkels never used phillips head screws. Never. You can thank somebody else for those.
- Electrical multimeter. Heinkel electrical systems are great, but you'll need a multimeter to troubleshoot problems.
- Generator puller. The generator puller is a tool that you might be able to make, but there is no point in doing so. It is available from Heinkel Club Deutschland.
- Swing arm sprocket puller. The swing arm sprocket puller is a tool that you might be able to make, but there is no point in doing so. It is available from Heinkel Club Deutschland.
- Roll away floor jack. Heinkel engines are heavier than other scooter engines.