The Tourist 102 A1 was not imported into the USA.
The 102 A1 resembles the 101 A0, except that the 102 A1 has the following differences:
- Electrics: The 102 A1 utilizes a 12 volt electrical system.
- Starter: The 102 A1 has an electric starter and no kick starter.
Click here to see known 102 A1s in North America.
- Motor: Air-cooled, single cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore/stroke: 60.0 / 61.5 mm
- Valve type: Over head valve
- Capacity: 174 cm³
- Ignition: Battery ignition system "Siba" 12 V - 90W
- Carburetor: "Pallas" 20/11P
- Starter: E-Starter
- Transmission: Three speed manual transmission via Hand shifter. The gear ratios:
- 1st Gear 14.3 : 1
- 2nd Gear 8.1 : 1
- 3rd Gear 5.1 : 1
- Drive: Chain enclosed in oil bath chain guard
- Chassis: Steel tube framework, telescoping front fork, one-sided swingarm in the back
- Tires: 4.00 x 8"
- Wheel base: 1330 mm
- Length: 1980 mm
- Width: 710 mm
- Height: 980 mm
- Dry weight: 133 kg
- Total weight: 285 kg
- Consumption / 100km: 2.31
- Maximum speed: 92 km/h
- Price: ?
- Years in production: July 1954 - August 1955
- Number produced: 17,500
The specifications are courtesy of the Heinkel Club Deutschland.
Vielen Danke Heinkel Club Deutschland!