The Tourist 101 A0 was the first production Tourist, and was not imported into the USA.
The 101 A0 has open handlebars like a bicycle. The nose covers the front fender and wheel. A double row aluminum bumper is mounted to the front bumper. The rear body panel is contoured similar to a Lambretta LD model.
But the key feature of the the 101 A0 is that it has a kick starter on the left hand side.
- Motor: Air-cooled, single cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore/stroke: 59.0 / 54.5 mm
- Valve type: Over head valve
- Capacity: 149 cm³
- Ignition: Battery ignition system "Noris" 6 V - 35/45W
- Carburetor: "Bing" 1/18/46, "Pallas" 18/21P
- Starter: Kick starter
- Transmission: Three speed manual transmission via Hand shifter. The gear ratios:
- 1st Gear 14.3 : 1
- 2nd Gear 8.1 : 1
- 3rd Gear 5.1 : 1
- Drive: Chain enclosed in oil bath chain guard
- Chassis: Steel tube framework, telescoping front fork, one-sided swingarm in the back
- Tires: 4.00 x 8"
- Wheel base: 1330 mm
- Length: 1980 mm
- Width: 710 mm
- Height: 980 mm
- Dry weight: 129 kg
- Total weight: 285 kg
- Consumption / 100km: 2.11
- Maximum speed: 82 km/h
- Price: ?
- Years in production: July 1953 - August 1954
- Number produced: 6,500
The image and specifications are courtesy of the Heinkel Club Deutschland.
Vielen Danke Heinkel Club Deutschland!