Heinkel Tourist 103 A2 Project
Pictured is a nice A2 project.
The body in straight condition. Most missing pieces are on hand, just not displayed in these early images.
I hope to have this A2 ready for sale in early 2015.
I won't add much text to this page, only pictures. Sit back and watch the show as it progresses.
I have not yet set a firm price, but I expect it to be around $3,000.
December 9, 2014
Body is all disassembled.
January 8, 2015
Forks and front hub rebuilt. New kickstand installed.
January 9, 2015
Never trust a clean engine. You would not believe the amount of sludge I removed from behind the flywheel cover. Worse than that, the wrist pin circlips were missing, which caused major damage to the cylinder.
There were a few other problems in the engine caused by a mechanic that had no idea what was required to complete the job correctly.
January 17, 2015
A temporary engine is in place while I rebuild the original. The factory supplied engine will have new bearings, gaskets, seals and chains in the bottom end.
The top end may include a new piston and matching bored cylinder. It depends upon whether I have a usable spare lying around my shop. It is also unclear how much work will be required to the head.
New wiring harneses are installed. New cables will be run once the original engine is finished.
As the latest pictures show, the Tourist is looking a more like it ought to look. I removed the tail lamps and aftermarket rack. I have installed the spare tire carrier and spare rim. I have not added a tire. I will leave the tire replacement up to the new owner.
February 10, 2015
The bottom end is complete. I hope to have the top end complete tomorrow and the engine installed by this weekend.